Recipe Submitted by : Nitu Didi
Ingrediants for Gram Flour Balls
10 tablespoons of gram flour
4 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon each of chopped green coriander leaves and dry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1 teaspoon each of cumin (jeera) and carom (ajwain) and salt
red chilli powder to taste
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
water for the dough
Method for Gram Flour Balls :
- Add the oil and spices to the gram flour and make into a nice soft pliable dough. Use a little more oil to get out all the dough sticking to your fingers. Keep covered for an hour and then make into small balls.
- Deep fry them on medium heat till nice and golden brown
- Nitu Didi Tip : you can make more of these balls and freeze them
Ingrediants for Gravy
2 onions chopped fine
1 smal piece ginger, chopped fine
3-4 pieces of garlic chopped fine
few green chillies
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of tomato paste
1 tablespoon of Nitu Didi garam masala
3 tablespoons of oil
chopped coriander leaves.
Method for Gravy :
- In a pan add the onions, ginger garlic and chillies and cook till browned. Add a cup of water and cook till mushy.
- Add salt… add the tomato paste and the garam masala and cook well.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried gram flour balls and cook till the balls soften and gravy is thick.